Tuesday 17 July 2012

Review: Eternal (A Holloway Pack Story #0.5) by J.A. Belfield

 
 Source: Received an ebook from publisher for an honest review.
Release Date: Already Released.
Visit its page on the publisher website: Eternal

Description:
 An unmarried woman living in a house of men breeds hearsay and lore. If only the villagers knew the truth.

It’s not Jem Stonehouse’s marital status that brings unwanted strangers to town. Rather, it’s that she is the only female werewolf in existence — a prize to any pack.

Sean Holloway, the love of Jem’s life, has gone to great lengths to protect her. As a new attack becomes imminent, Sean realizes he must take greater measures with Jem’s safety or risk losing her forever.

His first task must be to marry her, but a force greater than the largest werewolf stands in his way.

Her mother.



It's no surprise that I absolutely love this series, and the characters in it, so I wasn't shocked when I finally picked up my Kindle and started my copy of Eternal and devoured it. :D It wasn't very long, but it was amazing. I loved seeing what happened to the first Sean and Jem after they met and fell in love in Instinct, and in this one you see how their lives become woven together and why their love will be bound together for eternity.

After reading Eternal, I feel like I understand the backstory behind Jem and Sean's love in Darkness and Light. We finally got to see the ceremony that bound them together, and see how the first Sean and Jem got to that place. Let me tell you it wasn't easy, and they had a mishap or two, but I love getting to experience their story and as always I thoroughly enjoyed Jem and Sean together. No matter what time period or how slightly different those two might be, I love their characters. They have amazing chemistry, and some fantastic banter. :D

Above all else, I loved Eternal, and it makes me even more excited for the second book in the Holloway Pack Series to come out, Blue Moon! :D As much as I love werewolves in the past pack, I definitely also love the current ones, so it'll be great to get to read one of their stories again. :D

I would recommend checking out Eternal if you've already read Instinct (but not before!), the first prequel and novella about the very first Sean and Jem, but I think you'd be okay reading both prequels before Darkness and Light if you choose to. :) As to who I recommend this series to, well I'd go with fans of Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, especially if they like the werewolf-centric stories-the Clay and Elena ones in particular, and I think werewolf fans in general would really enjoy how J.A. Belfield has made her own werewolf folklore within the Holloway pack, full of eternal love and reincarnations. :)

So, have you read Eternal yet, or any of the other fabulous stories in the Holloway Pack Series??
Are you a fan of werewolves?
Finally, what are your thoughts on the different werewolf stories out there? What kind do you like best? Do you have any that you don't like? Feel free to share your thoughts on the matter. :)

2 comments:

  1. This book looks really interesting! I havent heard of this book before your review so thank you for bringing it to my attention. :)

    Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle, and I'm glad that I could bring it to your attention. :) It's a great series, and the novellas are so fun! :D

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D