Tuesday 6 March 2012

Review: Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2) by Andrea Cremer

Source: Received an ARC from Penguin Canada for an honest review.
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
Release Date: Already released.
Number of Pages: 390 (Hardcover)

Blurb from Goodreads:
When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she’s certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer—one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack—and the man—she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.


I really love the world that Andrea Cremer has created in the Nightshade trilogy. It's so fascinating, and in Wolfsbane even more mysteries are revealed. We finally get to learn more about the Searchers, and about their side of the Witches' War. I didn't like this one quite as much as Nightshade, but I did still like it. The only thing that bothered me was Shay...I just don't like him, and I don't like how Calla acts around him.

That being said, I absolutely loved everything else...well most of it. :P I could've done with more Ren...and a more positive side of him I might add too. *cough* But, in general Wolfsbane was amazing. The Searchers were fantastic, and I loved how each character that is introduced in this one is so well defined, and I quickly felt like I knew them, even with Calla not quite trusting them yet. :P

The action in Wolfsbane is insane! There are also some incredibly heartbreaking moments. This book seriously keeps you on your toes, and you'll be bounced from some intense action to intense heartbreak to moments of calm...to everything and anything in between those. It's a quick read, and will surely leave you anxious for Bloodrose...although it might also leave you a bit reluctant to pick up the next one. Which is kind of the position I'm in. I definitely want to read the next one...but I'm going to take it slow because I hear it's an even wilder ride than the first two books!

I'd recommend Wolfsbane and the Nightshade Trilogy to fans of magic and wolves. Although if you aren't a fan of love triangles you might not like this one because the triangle and romance is a fairly big aspect of the story. That being said, if you like your heroines to be strong and alpha-like you'll surely get a kick out of Calla. :)

Have you read Nightshade, Wolfsbane or even Bloodrose, yet?
What did you think?(Please no Bloodrose spoilers though, I haven't read it yet. :P)
Shay? Ren? Calla? Anything else you want to mention/comment on/rant about?
And if you haven't read any of them, does it sound like something you'd like?

2 comments:

  1. Great review <3 I haven't yet picked up this series, although I have the first two books on my shelves - now I've read your review I want to go home right now and start them! Shame I have to finish work first ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :D It's a great series...I haven't read the last book yet though, I'm kind of worried for it. There have been so many mixed reviews. :P And too bad about work, it's just like school, always getting in the way of reading. :P haha Thanks for your comment, and I hope you like it once you start the series. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D