Thursday 28 September 2017

Review: NEW TRICKS (Redwood Ridge #3) by Kelly Moran

Source: Netgalley from the publisher
Publisher: Kensington Books/Lyrical Press
Release Date: September 26, 2017
Number of Pages: 205 (ebook)


Description:
Loving someone is something you never forget how to do . . .

Zoe Hornsby has enough on her plate. Her pet grooming business tucked inside her friends’ veterinarian clinic is busy, and all her free time outside of work is dedicated to caring for her mother’s ailing mind. Dating is certainly not on her agenda. For all she cares, the town gossips of Redwood Ridge, Oregon, can set their matchmaking sights on someone else. Because no way would she consider sexy veterinarian Drake O'Grady her perfect guy. Once upon a time, she may have harbored a little crush, but he’d only had eyes for her best friend. And the crazy attraction building between her and Drake now? Down boy, down.

After Drake lost his wife to cancer, he’s finally clawed his way out of grief and beginning to feel more like a part of the human race. But he’s appalled to learn his prying family thinks he's ready to jump in the dating pool. And the woman they thrust at him couldn’t be more inappropriate. As his dead wife’s best friend, Zoe is off limits. Even if they seem to share a common sadness, she is too potent a personality to get romantically tangled with. Yet she’s making his heart beat and blood roar like he never thought it could again. And he doesn't want to just exist anymore . . .

REVIEW

NEW TRICKS was absolutely adorable!!! I was looking for a sweet romance for the summer and this was exactly what I was hoping for!

I loved both Zoe and Drake! She was fierce, feisty, and opinionated...and had some amazing one-liners, and Drake was a bit broody (which I have to admit I always love haha), and he was also extremely supportive, thoughtful and super sexy. I have to admit that going into this story I was expecting a sweet romance, maybe with a bit of sex, but NEW TRICKS actually ended up being quite steamy—I definitely didn't mind that though, but definitely don't go into this one thinking it'll be a clean romance. ;)

I loved the story and the romance, too. I  always love a good friends-to-lovers romance, and this one was super well done!! Drake and Zoe's relationship was amazing right from the start. They were super supportive of one another, and had a really strong past. I loved it even more when their romance started though. They had some serious chemistry!

If you know me, it should also come as no surprise that I'm a sucker for dogs...in real life and in books, so I loved that Drake had two of them and that he happened to be a vet! I definitely have to go back and read the first two books in this series too because I really want to see how Cade and Avery's, and Flynn and Gabby's stories unfolded! Dogs, sweet romances, great secondary characters, and fantastic writing too...I'm sold and super excited that I have two more books to go back and read now!

Overall, I loved NEW TRICKS!! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes sweet, sexy friends-to-lovers romances!




What do you think?
Does NEW TRICKS sound like a romance you'd like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D