Wednesday 25 May 2016

Cover Catch-Up (30): Two Titles I'm Highly Anticipating!

In "Cover Catch-Up" I share some covers that have either been recently revealed, or that I've just found and really wanted to share. 

I've been procastinating with my Cover Catch-up posts lately, so now I'm a bit late to the party with these covers. I still couldn't help sharing them and gushing over them though!!



The first cover that I have to share today is one that I'm sure you've all seen by now! It's the cover for Veronica Roth's CARVE THE MARK!

CARVE THE MARK (Untitled Duology #1 )by Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: January 17, 2017

Description:

On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not — their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world?

Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra’s currentgift gives her pain and power — something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother’s hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows.

Akos is from the peace-loving nation of Thuve, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Though protected by his unusual currentgift, once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get his brother out alive — no matter what the cost. When Akos is thrust into Cyra’s world, the enmity between their countries and families seems insurmountable. They must decide to help each other to survive — or to destroy one another.
 
While I wasn't as happy with the ending of the Divergent trilogy as I could've been, I still love Veronica Roth's writing style and her characters, so I'm EXTREMELY excited for this one! The story sounds intense, and I'm really eager to see Veronica write something new! As for the cover, I love it! It's eerie, a little spooky...and very foreboding!! And the description⎯wow! CARVE THE MARK sounds amazing! :D



I'm sure the second cover that I have to share today is another one that you've likely seen. It's the cover for THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR by Nicola Yoon!

THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR by Nicola Yoon
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: November 1, 2016

Description:
Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?
I borrowed EVERYTHING EVERYTHING from the library just shortly after its release, and it completely blew me away!! It was an amazing story, and I immediately became a Nicola Yoon fangirl. When I saw this cover, I was speechless! It's absolutely GORGEOUS...and the story, it sounds absolutely amaze-balls!! I can't wait to read THE SUN IS ALSO A STAR!



What do you think?
Do you love these covers, too?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the colours for The Sun Is Also A Star ♥ GORGEOUS. I still need to read Everything Everything though (d'oh!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too!!! It's so pretty, and I saw a behind-the-scenes photo where they showed how they used coloured threads and frames to create the cover! It was so neat!!! :D Awww, I loved it!!! :D

      Delete
  2. Ughh. Carve the Mark does have a really gorgeous cover. I just...I didn't love Divergent at all. Whyyy? If the hype is convincing enough after its release, I might just have to cave and give it a shot.

    And of course The Sun is Also a Star is stunning. Everything, Everything had a really unique and beautiful cover as well. Whoever's designing these is mega talented. :D

    I love how you chose such different covers here! The contrast is really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, well whenever I get the chance to read it, I'll let you know what I think! I loved Divergent and Insurgent...Allegiant, not so much. lol I do love Veronica's writing style though so I'm very excited for CARVE THE MARK!

      YES!!! So pretty! And they really are super talented, I agree!

      haha thanks! I usually end up picking two that are slightly similar in some way, but this week, I just wanted to share two that I loved!! :D

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D