Monday 11 August 2014

Cover Catch-Up (14): Simplistic, yet Intriguing!

In "Cover Catch-Up" I share some covers that have either been recently revealed, or that I've just found and really wanted to share. 

This week I've got two covers for you that I found just over the past week!

------------------------------

The first cover that I have is for Mr. Kiss and Tell, the second Veronica Mars book written by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham!

 

I somehow both like these covers and am completely underwhelmed by them! I think part of me likes the clean, lines, and subtle designs because it fits the whole film noire vibe that Veronica Mars has, but another part of me just finds these covers a bit too bland for our girl V! I do like these one better than the first book's cover though, but like I said, I kind of wish it had a bit more flash. I'm not even sure what kind of flash...just something! :P

------------------------------

And the second cover that I have is for Lisa Burstein's Again!



Now, this cover I LOVE! I love the way the filter makes it kind of glow, and the overlaying text saying "again" multiple times is super striking! It also adds even more meaning to the title since "again" is written over and over again...which I love! I just think this cover is gorgeous, and it pulls off simple in a way that really appeals to me! :)

------------------------------

For me, both these covers are more simplistic. They have a lot of colour, but the overall design is pretty simple. Both are just photos that have had filters applied, and have text overlaying them, but I find that Again's cover is much more appealing to me than Mr. Kiss and Tell's...but I still love you Veornica, I promise. :)

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the VM covers. I like the second one better, but it's just..not...idk fulfilling what the covers could be. I really hope there's more LoVe in the second book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D