Thursday 10 July 2014

Monthly Recap: So...what happened in June? #Recap (with a brief Recap of May, too :P)


I've decided that I'm going to start doing recap posts every month. I'll probably mix the format up lots, but I'm gonna keep it simple and stick to the stuff that I found exciting, what I read, and what I've been kind of obsessed with over the month...so this is what I've done in June! :D

First, you might have noticed that I didn't post a recap for May! I was a bit late at starting my post...and eventually June was almost over, so I didn't see much of a point in making  one anymore. :P But, I'll give you a quick rundown! I didn't do a whole lot in May, but I was very busy with work and I also read tonnes that month!!

Here's a short list of what I did in May:
  • celebrated my 23rd birthday!! Wooohooo! 
  • finally started watching the Matt Smith seasons of Doctor Who!! 
  • watched Neighbors (and loved it!) ---I'm always happy to see more of Zac Efron ;D haha
  • read 29 books! I'd list them all, but I'm trying to be brief, so my favourite reads from May
  • I loved this one so much!!! For me, it was the perfect ending to the series, and I already can't wait to read Cassandra Clare's next upcoming Shadowhunter trilogy!
  • were:
    • City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare --- I LOVED THIS ONE! It was exactly what I wanted from the final book in TMI, and I already can't wait to read Cassandra Clare's next upcoming Shadowhunter series!
      • Plus One by Elizabeth Fama --- I loved this one, too!!! I read this one with my friend Zoë from Writing Whimsy in our year-long read-a-long! ;D
      • Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) by Christina Lauren --- LOVED THIS! I'm a huge Christina Lauren fan! The two co-authors are hilarious, and I love their writing style! This was an awesome start to a new series!
        • Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller --- I absolutely LOVED this book, too! I figured I would like it from the description, and I ended up loving it even more than I thought I would. :D
        • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan --- After spoiling myself on Instagram for the ending of this book I kinda stopped reading it for a while, but in May I finally picked it up and finished! And it was heartbreaking, but also AMAZING!
          • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan --- LOVED THIS ONE!!! I just had to catch-up in this series because the final book is out in October, and I can't wait!!!
          • The Rising (Darkness Rising #3) by Kelley Armstrong --- I finally finished this trilogy, and I loved it so much!! This was another one that Zoë and I read together! :)
        And I think that's all I can remember from May! :P



        Now, on to my June recap! :P

        What I did this month:

        - CONVOCATED!!! :D I'm officially a University Graduate now!! ;D

        - registered for Ryerson University's Chang School's Publishing program...woo hoo!! :D
        - got a new laptop! My old laptop had been acting up for a while and hadn't been charging, so I caved and bought a Macbook Pro! I'm enjoying it, but I'm definitely still adjusting to some stuff...most editing pictures. I still haven't found a program to replace Paint.net, which I used on my PC. :P
        - GOT MY FIRST AND SECOND TATTOOS! ;)
        Woof is just above my left wrist, and READ./DRINK TEA./BE HAPPY. is on my right forearm just below my elbow. I totally love them! :D And I've already got several other tattoo ideas I wouldn't mind getting. ;)

        What I read this month:

         12 books! :) 
        A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
         Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros? by Shel Silverstein
         The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
        A Giraffe and a Half by Shel Silverstein
        Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman
        Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher
        Every Thing On It by Shel Silverstein
        Falling Up by Shel Silverstein
        Through to You by Lauren Barnholdt
        Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
        Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot

        I was doing a big Shel Silverstein read over May and June, so lots of them showed up this month. I've got a couple of his books left to read, but I've now almost read them all! :) I love his quirky poems, but I must admit...some are seriously disturbing. :P

        My favourites this month were Through to You, and Maybe Someday! :) Maybe Someday was my first Colleen Hoover book and I absolutely LOVED it, and Through to You was by one of my longtime favourite contemporary authors, Lauren Barnholdt...and it definitely lived up to my expectations. :D 

        What I watched this month:

         - finished Doctor Who! I'm all caught up with the new series of Doctor Who, and I'm all ready for the Twelfth Doctor! :D
        - Maleficient (x2) -- I watched Maleficient twice this month and loved it both times. I also can't wait for the live action version of Cinderella they're planning!!! :D
        - How to Train Your Dragon 2 --- LOVED THIS SO MUCH!!! This was definitely my favourite out of everything I watched this month. I cried, I laughed...I just loved it so much! :D I also loved that Kit Harington (my beloved Jon Snow in Game of Thrones ;P) was one of the voice actors for a newer character. I'm always a sucker for Kit. ;) haha
        - The Fault in Our Stars -- I loved this one, too, but in a completely different way than How to Train Your Dragon 2. I loved seeing Hazel and Gus brought to life! The acting was superb, and the whole film was just perfect. And I totally fell for Augustus even more after watching the movie. :)



        So, that's what I did in June!
        I convocated, worked quite a bit, got a new laptop, watched Doctor Who and some amazing movies, read some books, and got tattooed! :) 

        What did you do in June?

        6 comments:

        1. sounds like a busy two months! i haven't gotten my june post up yet... whoops. also this reminds me we need to do more readalong, it's not year-long if we stop in may! :)

          your tattoos are so much fun and i am very interested to see what you get next. congratulations on graduating!!!

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. It definitely has been busy! :) And it's passed super quickly, too!!! That's okay...it technically took me this long just to do May's! haha Yes, we do!!!! haha the half-a-year read-a-long definitely doesn't sound as good! :P

            Thanks!!! I'm still totally in love with them! :D I'll keep you updated whenever I eventually get more. I'll wait a bit now. :P Thank you!!! :D

            Delete
        2. Yay for Doctor Who! I've been kind of rewatching the Matt Smith stuff. I feel like I can finally watch them and not be mad about the end of Ten. Congratulations again on graduating!!! And your birthday!!! You had such a great month. :) Oh, and I love your tattoos ... part of me really wants to get another one eventually but we'll see. Hope you have a great July!

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. Doctor Who is AWESOME! :D Matt Smith really grew on me...I still love David Tennant the most, but I actually did start to really like Eleven. :) Ya, I feel the same. I let myself get distance for a while before I even watched to the end of Ten's episodes, and that helped me when it came time to get to Eleven...I still balled like a baby though! haha Thank you!!! It's definitely an exciting change! Thanks again! I did have a great month!! I love them, too!!! I didn't know you had one! What's your tattoo of? I already know I want more! haha I just have to keep myself in check or I might go overboard. ;) Thanks! I hope your July is great, too! :D

            Delete
        3. YAYYY RECAP POSTS!! Always lovely to hear from you and what you've been up to :) I can see that May and June held a number of major life events for you, including birthday, convocating, tattoos, and signing up for Ryerson's! I hope July has been going well for you so far (it's already half over already?!?). You got SO much reading done so that's excellent and also caught up on Doctor Who, which I imagine is also exciting, though I have yet to get into Doctor Who myself... I KNOW, I really should. Maybe soon :) I didn't know you were a Mac newbie! I myself made the switch a couple of years ago because I was always having issues with my PC. There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but you'll be an expert in no time! For paint programs, I use Paintbrush and sometimes Seashore (both free programs for Mac). I'm one of those people who is totally in love with my Mac and I hope you will be in time, as well :) Hoping to see a July Recap from you in a couple weeks! :)

          ReplyDelete
          Replies
          1. haha YAY!!! And I always love to hear from you, too! :) They sure did!!! Lots going on! :) So far, it's been pretty good. Less busy, but still good. :D I did!!! TONNES! :D I definitely enjoyed the Doctor Who watching. ;) haha you really, really should! ;D Yup!! It's the computer that I just got. :D I loved my PC...I really did, but I was definitely getting sick of some of the little issues, so I decided to make the switch. :) Oh, I can tell! I'm getting used to some of it, but there are some big adjustments! THANKS! I'll have to try those ones! :) I'm pretty much just trying to find ones that allow layers since that's what I loved about Paint.net! :) I can already feel the love starting, so I think I'll get there, too! ;D haha I think you will! I'm going to try to post it closer to the end of July this time. :P haha

            Delete

        Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D