Monday 7 July 2014

Mani Monday (11): Orange You Glad That SINNER Is Out?!

It's Monday again, so it's time for another Mani Monday!

It should come as no surprise (based on the way I always design my blog anyway :P) that my favourite colour is orange, so anytime that I can put some orange into my nail polish design, I am ecstatic! :D Today I'm sharing the lovely mani I've been rocking for the past few days...and I absolutely LOVE it! :D

The polishes I used for today's mani are Julep's "Dahlia" and "Zoe". "Dahlia" is the yellow/gold-ish colour, and "Zoe" is the orange/bronze-ish colour. :D I also purchased the polishes as a Julep Maven...I think you've all noticed by now that I'm addicted to Julep. :P haha

So, here's my gorgeous mani in "Dahlia" and "Zoe"!!! :D I did a kind of gradient/ombre thing with the two colours, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! :D


The best part about this mani...it was super easy!!! :D I didn't even use my makeup sponges to do this gradient. Since the colours are kind of close together, I just used the normal brushes that came along with the nail polishes, and kind of blended it together that way. :D

My copy of Maggie Stiefvater's SINNER is actually waiting for me to pick it up at the UPS store, but I did notice when I was at Chapters the other day that my nails matched the cover PERFECTLY, so I just had to snap a picture of it!! :D The fact that my nails matched SINNER is also most definitely the inspiration for my cheesy title today, too! haha :P

What do you think?
Do you like this orange/gold gradient?
And what's your favourite colour that you like to add to your manicures?

6 comments:

  1. haha love the book and nails combo! this nail look is so pretty! i just got dahilia so i can't wait to try it, funny enough i don't have zoe! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! :D I love it, too!!! Dahlia is gorgeous, and so is Zoe!!! I don't have Julep's Amber either, but that's cuz I don't like the colour. :P Zoe is gorgeous though, you should get it! ;D

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Those colours go great together. Reminds me of the fire on the Divergent cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristilyn!!! :D I thought they did, too! I'm definitely happy with how the combo turned out!! It does look like that! I never even thought of that! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, pretty!! I really want to try doing a gradient sometime - I've always thought it looked complicated though! I just love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I loved how this one turned out! You should! It's super easy if you use closer colours! For this one I honestly just did the yellow first, then brushed the orange colour right on top and I just didn't let the brush get too full of nail polish. Super easy! If you used colours that aren't too close it's better to use the makeup sponge though. Or if you want them to blend a bit better you can use the sponge, but for this one I kinda liked that it wasn't perfect. :) Thanks!! It can be complicated, but it can be easy if you want, too! :)

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D