Title: Amour Amour
Authors: Krista & Becca Ritchie
Standalone New Adult Romance
Pub Date: December 12th, 2014
Amazon: Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk
Love is a circus .
"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”
The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Confident, charming and devilishly captivating, 26-year-old Nikolai Kotova lives up to his nickname as the “God of Russia.”
When Thora unknowingly walks into the crosshairs of Nikolai’s after-show, her audition process begins way too soon. Unprofessional. That’s what Nik calls their “non-existent” relationship. It’s not like Thora can avoid him. For one, they may be partners in the future--acrobatic partners, that is. But getting closer to Nik means diving deeper into sin city and into his dizzying world.
Thora wants to perform with him, but when someone like Nikolai attracts the spotlight wherever he goes—Thora fears that she’s destined to be just background to his spellbinding show.
This sexy and exhilarating New Adult Romance can best be described as Cirque du Soleil meets the steamy, athletic romance of Center Stage.
*standalone & no love triangles—recommended for readers 18+ for mature content*
Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins—one a science nerd, the other a comic book geek—but with their shared passion for writing, they combined their mental powers as kids and have never stopped telling stories. Now in their early twenties, they write about other twenty-somethings navigating through life, college, and romance. They love superheroes, flawed characters, and soul mate love.
They are the New Adult authors of the Addicted series and Calloway Sisters spin-off series, and you can find them on almost every social media, frolicking around like wannabe unicorns.
5 Behind-the-Scenes Facts about Amour Amour
- All of the circus apparatuses shown in the book are our favorites! There are a variety of apparatuses in the circus, but the ones that made the cut for Amour Amour were those we’d grown fond of through research and watching live performances. The teeterboard, Russian swing, aerial silk, aerial hoop, Chinese pole, trapeze, Russian bar, and Wheel of Death. In the first Cirque du Soleil show we ever saw, Corteo, we fell most in love with the teeterboard, so it holds a special place in our hearts.
- John was meant to be a minor character. John Ruiz had a bit of the “Connor Cobalt” syndrome (Connor Cobalt is a fan-favorite character from the Addicted series) where we never planned to keep him for more than a chapter. We wrote him sitting at a bar, and he was supposed to have a couple lines and never be in another scene again. Well, those few lines made an impression on us, the same way that Connor Cobalt did. John was never a planned character, but he just had to stick around. And he turned out to be one of the biggest secondary characters in the book.
- Thora’s first time gambling on slots… pretty much mirrors ours. We were in Vegas, and we thought we won BIG TIME. There were so many lines and noises and pings and we were like, “we just won a jackpot!” and then we realized, oh wait, we won about fifty cents. FIFTY CENTS. Slot machines celebrate for every quarter, and we didn’t even realize.
- We had multiple versions of this book before the final one. In the very first version, Thora was already in the circus. The next version, she was a rigger (harnessed the artists) and not even a performer. And then once we decided to strip it all away, rewind ourselves and Thora—her aspiring to be in the circus, her living in Ohio, not yet Vegas—we knew we landed on the right beginning. The one we most definitely love the best :)
- The Addicted series cameos in Amour Amour! We’d always planned for Fizzle to be brought up through Fizz Life, Diet Fizz, and other Fizzle products to denote that this is the same world as the Addicted series. We never planned for anything else, but as we kept writing, we saw more and more opportunities and places the Addicted world should be mentioned. And if you’ve read to the end of Amour Amour, the Addicted series even has a substantial impact on this book. If you’re new to our work, you don’t need to read the Addicted series beforehand. You’ll understand everything, we promise :)
*3 Signed Paperbacks of AMOUR AMOUR
Both giveaways are open internationally!
TO ENTER FILL OUT THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW
(MAKE SURE TO ENTER BOTH!!!):
(MAKE SURE TO ENTER BOTH!!!):
To follow the rest of the Amour Amour blog tour, you can find the schedule at Krista and Becca's blog, here: http://kbritchie.com/2/post/2014/12/amour-amour-blog-tour-schedule.html
I don't know about you, but I love learning behind-the-scenes facts!!!
I'm especially eager to see cameos from characters from the Addicted series in Amour Amour!!!
What about you?
Did you like learning some behind-the-scenes fun?
And are you excited to read Amour Amour?