Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Season's Greetings Blog Tour: Review & a Parish Mail Christmas Carol!

SEASON'S GREETINGS is here! It actually released on November 19th, so you can get your copy now. ;)

In honour of its release, there's a little blog tour going on, and I'm a part of it. So, today I have a review of the book and an extra special bit Chistmas themed Parish Mail fun for you in the form of a Parish Mail inspired Christmas Carol. ;D

 Title: Season's Greetings, a Parish Mail Short by Kira Snyder
Source: Received a copy from the publisher for an honest review.
Publisher: Coliloquy, LLC
Release Date: Already released.

About Season's Greetings:
Celia Macarty is eager to enjoy her first New Orleans Christmas, but school has barely let out for the holidays when she learns that mystery never takes a vacation. Using the clues on a Christmas card from 1933, Celia must unravel a supernatural riddle that takes her all over festive New Orleans—and deeper into her family’s past. As Christmas Eve draws closer, shameful community secrets come to light, and Celia enlists an unlikely ally to set things right.

With the help of her witchy best friend Tilly and a trio of to-die-for suitors, Celia navigates a mystery and, in the process, her heart. Because in the Crescent City, Christmas is a time of enchantment and surprises, and a little romance might be Celia’s best present of all.

Celia’s latest Parish Mail adventure is an active fiction title from Coliloquy. Your reading choices will help Celia solve the crime!
Add Dead Letter Office (Parish Mail #1) on Goodreads: Dead Letter Office
Add Post Mortem (Parish Mail #2) on Goodreads: Post Mortem
Series Links on Publisher Website: Parish Mail Series on Coliloquy

Purchase Links: Amazon | B&N | Google Play | iTunes | Kobo
About the Author

Kira Snyder is a writer living in Los Angeles. Her television work includes the Syfy Channel shows ALPHAS and EUREKA and the People’s Choice Award-winning vampire drama MOONLIGHT, which aired on CBS. Kira’s plays have been performed at the Williamstown Theatre Festival, the Circle in the Square Theatre School, the Burton-Taylor Theatre in Oxford, England, the Bay Area Independent Theatre Fringe Festival, and Stanford University. Also a game designer with a Masters degree from NYU-Tisch’s interactive media program, Kira has produced games for Electronic Arts, Purple Moon, Microsoft, There.com, the MIT Press textbook Rules of Play, and Yahoo, including EA’s seminal alternate reality game MAJESTIC. She is a proud geek and loves sci-fi and videogames, reading and playing when she’s not writing or designing.

Author Links: Website | Twitter | Goodreads

REVIEW

With each book I just come to love the Parish Mail series more and more...and Season's Greetings was no exception! It may be just a Parish Mail "short" but it packed quite a punch and delivered one seriously heartwarming story, and I loved every second of it...especially the romantic moments, I was a sucker for those. ;D

Just as with the first two books, I absolutely loved Celia. She's such a genuine character, and I honestly wish she was real just so I could be her friend...not only is she totally awesome at solving crime, she's just an all-around great person. It's so nice to see a heroine who is so resoundingly likeable. I love getting to experience the series through her, and I definitely love getting to pick her choices through Coliloquy's active fiction features. I also have to admit that I totally enjoy all three of Celia's love interests, although I definitely have my favourite, Donovan,..and my least favourite, Luc,...and I have the one that I just really enjoy her interactions with, Sloan, although I'm pretty sure nothing is going to happen there, but I wouldn't mind it if it did. :P I have to admit that he is pretty alluring, and his interactions with Celia just totally crack me. I absolutely adore Donovan though, he's just such a great guy, but he's also got a bit of a bad side, too. *dreamy sigh*

Anywho, I'm getting off topic because of love interests, but I just have to say that I absolutely loved Season's Greetings. It was a fantastic addition to the series, and I loved that even though it was a novella, it still felt like a fully flushed out book in the series to me. I also just really enjoyed that in this short we got to see a really happy time for these characters. It was nice to see Celia handling a "case" that wasn't so dark and depressing...I mean, I totally love those ones, too, since they're super intense, but it is a happy time of year with Christmas, Hanukkah, and so many other wonderful religious holidays, so it was really nice to see that goodwill permeate this story as well. I also just loved getting to see Celia with her friends, not just Donovan (:P), but Tilly, too, and I really enjoyed her interactions with her family, especially her grandfather, they were such sweet moments!

I loved Season's Greetings, and cannot wait for the next installment in the Parish Mail series! I hope that if you give this series a shot, that you love it as much as I do. :D


PARISH MAIL CHRISTMAS CAROL

I'm not going to pretend that I'm a great lyrist or anything, but I definitely had fun coming up with a Parish Mail-inspire Christmas Carol. It's to the tune of "Jingle Bells"...I hope you enjoy! ;D

Dashing through New Orleans,
In an old, beat-up Mustang,
Searching Celia and her friends go,
Sleuthing all the way.
MUHAHAHAHA
The Green King’s up to something!
Headlights and flashlights shining bright.
What fun it is to find clues …and solve crimes all night!
BOO!

What was that! What was that!
It was just a ghost!
Oh, what fun it is to follow spooky clues,
All through New Orleansssssss!



Here is the schedule for the Season's Greetings blog tour in case you'd like to follow the rest:

And if you like giveaways, the amazing author of the Parish Mail series, Kira Snyder, is hosting a giveaway in honour of its release. You can find it here, and it's open until December 3rd.

What do you think?
Does Season's Greetings, and the Parish Mail series sound like something you'd like to read?
And what did you think of my Christmas Carol?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D