Second, I've been a bit absent from the blog lately with finals and then the holidays starting...I'm a little burnt out to be honest, and I have an ever-increasing list of books that I need to review for you all that I hope to get to soon. I'll admit I've had a bit of reviewer's block though, so hopefully I can snap out of that soon. :P If you have any tips about getting out of reviewer's blocks, I would love to hear them. :)
Finally, I don't typically set resolutions to myself...I'm usually too lazy if I'm honest, but I think this year I shall, and maybe by sharing them with all of you I'll be motivated to actually go through with them all.
My Resolutions for 2013:
- Don't dwell on things you can't change. Last year, my dog passed away and it's stuck with me all year long. I know I can't change it and I know that I can't bring him back, but I've still struggled to move past it. I don't know if I ever fully will, but I hope to try harder to not dwell on things that bother me, from my lost pet to grades that I can't change. I'm optimistic by nature, but my dwelling tends to bring me down sometimes unfortunately, so hopefully this year I can work on not dwelling on the bad so much and letting my optimism actually win. :)
- Stay in touch with friends. I tend to fall off the face of the planet when I'm stressed, so this year I'm going to try to not fall into my isolation bubble during those times.
- Keep up in school. a.k.a Stop Procrastinating! It's no surprise that I love to read...but I'm not a huge fan of reading things that are assigned for school. I think it's the one form of authority that I like to rebel against. As soon as a book is assigned, even if I wanted to already read it, I tend to be all "I'm not reading that...I'll read what I want!"...it can be detrimental to keeping up with my school readings, so I'm going to try and motivate myself better. This also includes planning for essays. I really need to stop finishing them at the last minute...wish me luck for this one...I seriously need it. :S
- Go to the gym. My friend, Amy, and I had planned to actually use our campus gym last semester...but we ended up only going once right near the end. Now we know where the change rooms are, so hopefully that'll help motivate us to go regularly! :P
- Save some money this year. I'm stealing this one from my Edmonton Book Blogger pal, Rola from xo' reads who made a list of her resolutions yesterday. I'm really bad at saving money, and I tend to spend it almost as fast as I make it, so this year I would really like to save. I buy a lot of things on a whim, so I'm going to think more before I buy things this year, and if I don't need something, I'll try very hard not to get it! I'm going to give myself a spending budget I think...maybe I'll make a list! I like lists. :D
- READ. This one's pretty straightforward and I'm sure I'll manage to accomplish it. ;) I hope to read lots, and I'll try to read even more than I did this year, but to accomplish my other resolutions I just may have to cut back on reading a bit. I do still want to make sure I read as much as I can though! :D
Alright, so those are my resolutions for 2013? I could've probably listed more, but I think six is enough. :P
So, what are your resolutions for 2013?
And what are you looking forward to in 2013?
A few things I'm looking forward to are Game of Thrones Season 3, Clockwork Princess, and the third Divergent book! :D
Happy New Year!