Monday 17 December 2012

Georgetown Academy Character Interviews!

Since the second Georgetown Academy book just recently came out and the third one is coming out soon, I'm sharing with you all a few character bios from the book! The three main character that you're going to get to know today are Ellie, Taryn, and Gabe! Ellie and Taryn are both narrators...and Gabe is one of the male characters that you'll get to meet when he and Ellie run into each other once again....and drama ensues. ;D

So...here are your bios! At the end of the character bios I've also provided you with some links to find out more and to purchase if you want to read it right away...which you should because it's a really fun series. :D


Ellie
Name: Ellie Walker
Age: 16
Hair Color: Chestnut Brown
Democrat or Republican: Democrat
Parent’s (or Parents’) Position(s) in Politics: My mother is a long-time Democrat Senator representing Massachusetts.

Any Political Aspirations?
On good days, when I watch my mom push through a bill on an issue that’s going to have a huge impact on the country, it’s inspiring and makes me want to follow in her footsteps. But on bad days, when the media drags me into it just because my mom is a politician and plasters my face all over The Huffington Post for being at the center of some alleged scandal, I want to run as far away as possible from a life in politics.

Tell us a bit more about yourself:
I was always pretty much a normal girl, flying under the radar – or as normal as you can be when your mom is a high-ranking senator. But two years ago, Vanity Fair did a spread on my mother and at the last minute, ended up including an America’s Next Top Model-style photo shoot with me. Overnight, I went from being that girl to that girl, the one who everyone at Georgetown Academy was suddenly obsessed with. Yeah, the attention is still weird sometimes, but it’s hard to complain when Hunter McKnight (aka the JFK of Georgetown Academy) is now your boyfriend.

You follow the scandals surrounding your mom very closely. Why do you take such an interest in them?
Imagine how awful it feels hearing someone say something bad about one of your parents – and then imagine having to listen to a pundit on Meet the Press or a correspondent on The Daily Show broadcasting it for the whole country to hear. And my dad isn’t really around – my mom and I just have each other so I guess that makes me even more protective of her. I even have a Google News Alert on my phone so I know the minute another story comes out about my mother. Although, it’s not really necessary. If anything big happens with someone’s mom or dad at Georgetown Academy, it spreads around school faster than it does on the Hill.

Taryn
Name: Taryn Reyes
Age: 16
Hair Color: Black
Democrat or Republican:
Democrat (with Green Party leanings…)
Parent’s (or Parents’) Position(s) in Politics:
My dad has been the Governor of California for the last eight years. Now, he’s been elected to Congress, though everyone says it’s just a stepping-stone for his next aspiration…being the first Hispanic President of the United States. My mom is a yoga guru, Pilates addict and avid juicer…and, along with my dad, made People magazine’s Most Beautiful People issue last year.

Any Political Aspirations?
Maybe! There’s a lot of things I want to do in life and a lot of causes I’m passionate about, like the environment and animal rights (why would anyone even wear fur at this point when there are so many cute faux options?). I never really considered politics before when I lived in L.A., but now that I’m in D.C., it seems like more of a possibility. But you wouldn’t catch me becoming some stodgy, partisan representative. I don’t like being put in any one category and I’m the type who would definitely want to shake things up…

Tell us a bit more about yourself:
I’m a recent D.C. transplant, but still a California girl at heart. I try to stay pretty laidback and adhere to my favorite mantras like “Everything happens for a reason”.  I’m a boho-chic style lover, and not afraid of a little hair glitter either. Obsessed with fro-yo, Coffee Bean Ice Blendeds, In’n’Out Grilled Cheese sandwiches and authentic Mexican food.
As for my guys, I like them edgy. Before I left L.A. my (not-so-fabulous) boyfriend Nick and I broke up, so now I’m single in D.C. and on the look-out for someone with a little individual style in the sea of preppy khakis and polos. So far, I’ve only seen one guy who’s caught my eye…but Gabe is so hot maybe I don’t need to waste time looking any further….

What’s it like being a new student at Georgetown Academy?
Umm, different! The school is much more formal than my school in Los Angeles and everyone takes things way more seriously here. They all use aliases on Facebook because they’re scared of anything they say being leaked to the press and refuse to join extracurricular clubs because they’re worried about being held to a political position ten years from now if they do! I like to live life out loud, but I’m starting to realize it’s a lot more dangerous to do that out here.
The other big difference is that because everyone’s parents are in the political game, it’s hard to tell if people like you for you or like you because one of your parents can help out their parents. I try to believe the best of everybody, but after my first week here, I had to re-adjust that line of thinking. If someone doesn’t like you – or if your family is a political threat to theirs – they will do almost anything to bring you down…

Gabe
Name: Gabe
Age: 16
Hair Color: Dark brown
Democrat or Republican: Is there really a difference?
Parent’s (or Parents’) Position(s) in Politics: After being a Republican Senator from Arizona for six years, my dad lost his seat two years ago. He was recently re-elected, meaning we all just moved back to D.C.

Any Political Aspirations? Hell, no.

Tell us a bit more about yourself:
I’m pretty laidback and I don’t play the political game at school or anywhere else for that matter. Life’s too short to care what people think – especially random people who only know you because your dad is on the news every night (he’s a big fan of anyone with a camera and a microphone).
I’d rather go hear a band than go to a Homecoming party and I’d rather see an indie movie than pick up a lacrosse stick. But I’m not completely non-conformist. I do have a Facebook page.

You’re a returning student to Georgetown Academy, so why’d you come back and what’s your return been like?
I’m back because my dad’s been re-elected and my parents felt it was better for our family to relocate as opposed to my dad commuting back and forth to Phoenix every weekend. I had to leave some good friends in Arizona and I can’t stand the pettiness of a lot of politics in D.C. (and the way it plays out in the hallways of Georgetown Academy), but there was one big reason I didn’t fight my parents too hard about moving back to D.C….Ellie Walker. But that whole thing’s turning out to be a lot more complicated than I thought it was going to be.



More about Georgetown Academy: Book One:
It’s the beginning of a new political administration. That might not mean much at most high schools, but at Georgetown Academy, Washington D.C.’s most elite prep school, January 20th means new alliances, new flings, and new places to party.

While freshmen—nicknamed “interns” for their willingness to jump into bed with anyone higher on the D.C. totem pole—navigate the not-so-friendly halls of GA searching for Algebra and Bio classes, the school’s lifers have other things on their minds.

For self-proclaimed D.C. royalty Brinley Madison (of those Madisons), the first day of school is all about establishing the social hierarchy and playing the part of perfect political wife to her boyfriend, the outgoing Vice President’s son. Too bad he has a wandering eye that puts Bill Clinton’s to shame. Can she keep him, and her own secret vice, in check?

Ellie Walker, Brinley’s best friend, floats through the halls on the arm of golden boy Hunter McKnight (the JFK of GA). But when her ex-boyfriend, Gabe, returns to town and her Senator mother’s political nemesis is reelected, Ellie’s life starts to snowball out of control.

Shy, quiet Evan Hartnett is more into books than beer, and her closet is full of t-shirts and jeans instead of Jason Wu and Jimmy Choo. No one’s ever really noticed her—but she’s been noticing them. When her star rises as an intern at D.C.’s most-watched political news show, she soon finds the two worlds colliding in ways that make her question what’s secret and what’s fair game.

New girl Taryn Reyes is all laid-back, California cool; with a father who’s in line to be the first Hispanic president, she’s ready to dive into the D.C. scene with an open mind. But when her fellow students turn out to be more interested in spreading rumors than making friends, she realizes that forging a drama-free path might be a lot harder than she thinks.

With so many new friends and former flames in the mix, things are bound to get a little heated. And while diplomatic immunity might keep the cops away, there’s not much it can do about the press.
In a town where one teenage misstep can turn into a national scandal, the students at Georgetown Academy will have to be on their best behavior—or, at least, they’ll have to make the world believe that they are.

Because there’s only one rule: whatever you do, don’t get caught.

What’s Cool from Coliloquy:
As the party scene at Georgetown Academy gets under way, authors Alyssa and Jessica let readers decide which of the main girls to follow. You’ll see scandalous behavior, unexpected liaisons, and secret betrayals…all giving you a different perspective as events unfold.

And don't forget to take the Georgetown Academy Quiz! http://bit.ly/VgUgMm



I've already read Book One, but I definitely enjoyed getting to know more about these characters. How about you? What do you think of Ellie, Taryn, and Gabe??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D