Sunday 14 October 2012

Stacking the Shelves (13)

Stacking the Shelves is Tynga's Reviews' version of In My Mailbox (from The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie).

Stacking the Shelves is a way to share the books that you're adding to your physical and virtual bookshelves. It's easy to participate. You just make your own post, and link it to the main post over at Tynga's Reviews. Also, in case you're curious, Tynga's post for it goes up on Saturdays, but you can post it any day that you like. :) You can find out more about participating by reading the Stacking the Shelves Launch post.

This post is a little late today! Sorry about that guys...I've had a busy day. I slept in a bit haha, then I stopped at Chapters, went to Fabricland to get stuff for my Halloween costume, and cooked my parents and brother dinner! But now I'm settled down and have finally gotten my images for this post together! So, here's what I got this week!

For Review:

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling (from Hachette Book Group Canada)
The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron (from Scholastic Canada)
Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch (from Scholastic Canada)
Undead (Undead #1) by Kristy McKay (from Scholastic Canada)
Suburban Strange by Nathan Kotecki (from Thomas Allen and Sons)
Scorch (Croak #2) by Gina Damico (from Thomas Allen and Sons)
The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle (from Thomas Allen and Sons)
Black City (Black City #1) by Elizabeth Richards (from Penguin Canada)

I'm looking forward to all of these! :D Especially The Casual Vacancy and Black City! :D I didn't expect Black City at all, so it was an awesome surprise! :D

----------------------------------------------------------

Bought:

Black Heart (Curse Workers #3) by Holly Black
We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) by Jenny Han
It's Not Summer Without You (Summer #2) by Jenny Han
Wildefire (Wildefire #1) by Karsten Knight
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Showalter
Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant

I finally caved and bought myself a finished copy of Black Heart...even though it doesn't match my other two. :P I also bought the last two books in the Summer trilogy...now I just have to get the first! haha And...I finally found Wildefire on sale at Chapters!!!! :D I was so excited! :D My preorders of Alice in Zombieland and Eve and Adam showed up, too! I'm so excited for all of these...definitely an awesome book week! :D

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Hachette Book Group Canada, Scholastic Canada, and Penguin Canada! :D I had an awesome book week! I hope that you all got some great books this week, too! :D Feel free to leave a link to your mailbox and I'll come take a look. :)

16 comments:

  1. YAY for The Casual Vacancy, The Hallowed Ones n Undead. Oh and I really need to pick up a copy of Alice In Zombieland soon too!

    Enjoy your amazing books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some awesome Y.A. Titles in there. I really enjoyed The Raven Boys. Awesome haul of books. Come visit me too.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did...so excited for them! :D Glad to hear it! Thanks! Will do. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I'm dying to hear another opinion on The Casual Vacancy!! I haven't really seen any around on the blogs I follow. I also REALLY hope you can enjoy it because I understand some people have not. I loved it (no surprise here...), but it took me a bit to really get into it so don't get discouraged if it's slow at the start!!

    I'm also very curious about Black City... though admittedly a lot of that stems from that gorgeous cover and all the early buzz and promotion for the book. I really hope it "wows" me. I hope you enjoy all your reads. Happy reading, Ambur!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really seen it on many either! I did see that you reviewed it, but I try to refrain from looking at reviews of books I'll be reviewing myself...I'll definitely check it out once I've finished The Casual Vacancy and written my review though. :) I'm glad you loved it! :D We both loved Perks when most of the other Edmonton Bloggers didn't so hopefully I'll love TCV like you did. :)

      Me too...I know...that's what initially got me so excited too! haha I've had a bunch of people tell me it's awesome, so hopefully I think it is, too. :)

      Thanks, Aylee! :D

      Delete
  4. There are so many copies of The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling at the dept store, I think that they are expecting big things from it!! Will have to wait and see more reviews too.

    Nice Haul BTW, they all look awesome!

    Here's My StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...there are so many copies EVERYWHERE! I even saw a bunch at the grocery store when I went there earlier! haha I think it's more the fact that it's a J.K. Rowling book, so they're expecting lots of people to buy it for that reason. :)

      Thanks! :D

      Delete
  5. Awesome books, Ambur! I just bought The Hallowed Ones the other day and can't wait to read it. I love a spooky story and the fact that it takes place in an Amish setting really appeals to me. I have Eve & Adam, too, and can't wait to read it! I've heard great things!

    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristilyn! :D Oooh! I'm looking forward to it, too. Especially since I've started watching Breaking Amish when I'm at my parents house...and it has made me curious about their culture. haha I know, Eve & Adam sounds awesome! :D I have, too!

      Thanks, Kristilyn, and thank you for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  6. AWESOME HAUL!!!! The Summer Trilogy!! It's sooo good, hope you like it too! I also saw a lot of good reviews for Eve & Adam! Haven't read it myself, but hopefully you'll like it -- looking forward to your reviews.

    Ambur, oh my god, Scorch. You. Got. Scorch. CAN I PLEASE BORROW THAT ONE TOO? After you're finished with it, of course. That's probably one of my favourites. I can NEVER rank books, it's just whether they're one of my favourites or not, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leanne! :D I've heard AMAZING things, so I'm definitely looking forward to reading it once I pick up the first book. ;) Thanks! :D

      I've already talked to you about it. ;)

      Delete
  7. I thought I commented... I think it disappeared :( Blogger hates me.

    Amazing batch of books! I love the summer ones, I just finished book #3. Hopefully you can find book 1 and get reading! Did you get a hardcover of Eve and Adam or a ebook? It looks so pretty! I really want to read that one too. I have an e-galley and I just barely started it at one point and it definitely intrigued me. It may have expired by now though!

    Also totally jealous if you got a finished copy of Scorch... I think I got extra copies of Hunger instead haha. Also jealous of Black City now that I know how much you enjoyed it! Overall it looks like an amazing week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger hates me sometimes too...I hate when it eats your comments. :(

      Thanks! :D I'm totally gonna have to read them then! :D I bought a hardcover from Book Depo...had it preordered. ;) It's gorgeous! :D Mine expired too, so I was glad I had it preordered! ;P

      Awe! That stinks! Maybe I'll gift you a copy now that you have a place. ;) You still need to email me your new address though. :D haha
      Thanks! :D

      Delete
  8. you have all the books I Love / or desperately want to read! hahaha, enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D