Sunday 29 July 2012

Stacking the Shelves (8)

Stacking the Shelves is Tynga's Reviews' version of In My Mailbox (from The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie).

Stacking the Shelves is a way to share the books that you're adding to your physical and virtual bookshelves. It's easy to participate. You just make your own post, and link it to the main post over at Tynga's Reviews. Also, in case you're curious, Tynga's post for it goes up on Saturdays, but you can post it any day that you like. :) You can find out more about participating by reading the Stacking the Shelves Launch post.

Okay, so last week I told you guys I was too tired to post my StS, and that extended to my Monday post, so this week's StS is from the past two weeks. :)

For Review:

 Every Day by David Leviathan (Netgalley and Publisher)
  Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant (Macmillan through Raincoast Books)
 Stormdancer (The Lotus War #1) by Jay Kristoff (Netgalley and Publisher)
 Big Sky Mountain (Swoon-Worthy Cowboys #2) by Linda Lael Miller (Media Muscle and Harlequin)
 A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger (Hachette Book Group Canada)
 Purity by Jackson Pearce (Hachette Book Group Canada)
 The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories #1) by Chris Colfer (Hachette Book Group Canada)
 The Iron Wyrm Affair (Bannon and Clare #1) by Lilith Saintcrow (Hachette Book Group Canada)

I received some AMAZING books over the last two weeks! :D I definitely can't wait to read all of these!! :D I'm not even sure which one I want to read first...I just can't choose! haha Any suggestions for which one I should read first???

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought:

 
 Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker (Kobo Bookstore)
 Easy by Tammara Webber (Kobo Bookstore)
 Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye (Amazon Kindle Store)
 Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3) by Rachel Hawkins (Kobo Bookstore)
 Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (Book Depository)
 The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl #8) by Eoin Colfer (Book Depository)
 Article 5 (Article 5 #1) by Kristen Simmons (Book Depository)

I had some Kobo coupons so I picked out a few from their bookstore. I'm excited for them all! I've heard amazing things about Easy, and I've been meaning to read Spell Bound for a while now...so I'm pretty psyched about it! :D I've just started Tiger Lily and I like it so far. :D I'm also really excited for The Last Guardian! It's the last Artemis Fowl book!!! :D Eeek! Oh, and I already read Hearts in Darkness, it was a quick read, but the character development was amazing! Seriously, especially for it not being a very long book. I was kind of said when I finished it because I wanted more! ;D

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, those are the books I've gotten in the last two weeks.
What about you?
What was your mailbox or book haul like this week
(or like myself, over the last two weeks :P)?

Feel free to leave a link in the comments and I'll come take a look. :)

14 comments:

  1. Oh I'm really interested in The Iron Wyrm Affair!!!! I've read Eve and Adam and enjoyed it!! Cant wait to hear what you think!! :) Enjoy!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love how it sounds! :D Glad to hear that! I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks! :D

      Delete
  2. Jackson Pearce is a great author and I really want to read Purity. Tiger Lily sounds like a really good fairy tale re-telling, which I am always looking for a good FT spin. Enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love Jackson Pearce! :) Same here. I love anything fairy-tale related, or mythology related! ;D Thanks, and I hope you enjoy any that you got this week, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Great stack this week! Bel absolutely loved Every Day. She is still talking about it. And I thoroughly enjoyed Unbreak My Heart. David Levithan and Melissa Walker are both amazing writers. Enjoy!

    Nat

    http://www.bibliojunkies.blogspot.com/2012/07/peek-in-biblio-bin-34.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I've heard great things, and I'm glad to hear she loved it so much! :D And that you loved Unbreak My Heart! :D I've only ever read Will Grayson, Will Grayson of David Leviathan's work, and I loved that one. It was such a great co-written book. :D Thanks! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow! Awesome books this week! Do you have a Kobo AND a Kindle? I got Easy the other week, too, because I had been hearing amazing things about it! I can't wait!

    And great books from Hachette! They sent me The Land of Stories by mistake but it was such a great mistake! Everyone's raving about it. And I have Eve & Adam and Every Day, too .... sooo many good books!

    Enjoy all your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristilyn! :D I do. I got a Kindle for my birthday last year, and a Kobo Vox this year. I don't have many kobo books tho. I buy more for my Kindle. But I do like having my Kobo for epubs and netgalley books. :) Nice! Hopefully we both love it! :D

      Delete
  5. I requested an egalley of Eve and Adam too! It sounds great. I love sciencey twists. Also I have Every Day and I'm really excited for it. Great batch of books and coupons are awesome. I need to be like you and buy e-books instead... I don't know how I'll fit many paperbacks into my new apartment :p

    I had a guest post by the author of Article 5 on my blog and it sounds great. I'll definitely be curious about your thoughts when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D It sure does! I've been excited for it for months now, so I'm glad they're finally sending out the egalleys! :D Yay! :D Sadly, I'm still buying physical books to so I still have that problem, too. :P But imagine if I was JUST getting physical copies! haha Hopefully you'll have more room than you think. :)

      I remember that, and it sure does! I've been wanting to read it for a while, and so when it was on sale at the Book Depo, I just had to get it! :D

      Delete
  6. Yay Article 5! I really enjoyed that one. Unbreak My Heart as well... such great characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that, Ashley! :D I'm even more excited for those two now! :D

      Delete
  7. Kody Keplinger is a great author! Plus, I met Jackson Pearce who was hilarious! I'm really interested in reading her books now. OMG! I just recently read Spellbound & I couldn't believe the series was over. And, I seriously need to get to reading Tiger Lily. Also, Article 5 wasn't my favorite dystopian, but it was still good. Enjoy all your books! :D
    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I love Kody Keplinger, and Jackson Pearce, too! :D She seems like she'd be awesome to meet. :D I'm okay with it being over. I prefer when a series isn't dragged out personally, plus I was really happy with how it all turned out. :) Good to know, thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D