Monday 20 February 2012

Surrender Cover and Blurb Reveal!

Surrender (Mimics of Rune #2) by Aimee Laine
Release Date: September 3, 2012
Target Reader: Adult


Book Description:

Face the past or look to the future? Both will hurt. One could kill her.

All her life, Lily Crane has suppressed her childhood memories, masking the signs of abuse with a variety of looks. From brunette to blonde, tall to short — as a Mimic, changing shape is her gift. Her right. Her Achilles heel.

It’s Lily’s latest likeness, chosen simply by accident, which threatens to repeat a history she’s desperate to forget. Worse, she must do so without the one man who takes all her pain away: Cael Aldridge.

Cael has no intention of leaving Lily on her own. He never has. Now, with the woman he loves in the hands of a predator who wants Lily for her genetics, Cael will do everything he can to bring her home.

Alive.

He can only pray he isn’t too late.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Links: Visit Publisher Website | Goodreads Page

I absolutely loved Little White Lies, and I can't wait to read Surrender! I'm so excited to get to read Lily and Cael's story! :D

This cover definitely makes it look like this one is going to be full of suspense...and it looks like Lily's in for some serious trouble. The only thing I'm not a big fan of on this cover is the girl's pose, and the lighting she's been shot in. She looks like she's been knocked out or that she's passed out, yet she's all posed...and I just find that kind of awkward. I do like the idea of her being knocked out, but I'd prefer it if it looked more natural, as if she'd fallen into a position rather than been placed into one. That being said, I do like that automatically when I look at the cover I think that the girl is in trouble, and that seems to be what's going on in the book's description, too.

What about you, what do you think?
Have you already read Little White Lies, or is this the first time you've heard of the series?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, she's most definitely in trouble. ;) Heheheee. Thanks SO much for helping me reveal the cover! :) Hope you love the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought so. :P You're welcome! I'm glad to help show it off! I'm sure I will...I've been anxiously awaiting their story after all. ;) haha

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D