Sunday 27 November 2011

In My Mailbox (19) - November 14th to 27th

In My Mailbox at The Story Siren

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, and inspired by her friend, Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a way to share the books that you've received over the past week. They could come from the bookstore, the library, a friend, your mailbox or wherever. It gives us all a chance to showcase the books that we've gotten, and maybe give others an idea for the book they want to read or buy next. :)

Bought:
 Julie and Julia by Julie Powell (University Bookstore)
The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern #1) by Shannon Hale (Amazon Kindle Store)
The Fallen Star (Fallen Star #1) by Jessica Sorensen (Amazon Kindle Store)
Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin (Amazon Kindle Store)
 Plum Pudding Murder Bundle by Joanne Fluke (Amazon Kindle Store)
 Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen #1) by Joanne Fluke (Amazon Kindle Store)
The Darkest Powers Bonus Pack by Kelley Armstrong (Amazon Kindle Store)
Small Town Sinners by Melissa C. Walker (Amazon Kindle Store)
MetaGame by Sam Landstrom (Amazon Kindle Store)
Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise #1) by Simone Elkeles (Amazon Kindle Store)

There were lots of Kindle deals over the last two weeks, obviously...I indulged a bit. :S Julie and Julia was for sale in my University Bookstore and I picked it up on my way to grab a writer's handbook...which cost me way too much...but at least it'll be worth it in the long run. Anyway, I've already read Leaving Paradise and all of the novellas in The Darkest Powers Bonus Pack, but I wanted copies for myself, and they were so cheap that I couldn't resist. I read a bunch of the Hannah Swensen books years ago, but I need to read them again, I've been slowly compiling a Kindle collective of them as they go on sale. ;) haha

--------------- 

Won:

Loving Emily by Anne Pfeffer (won from Candace's Book Blog)
 Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family #1) by Melissa de la Cruz (from Hyperion on Facebook - they had a giveaway for anyone who posted a picture with their favourite Hyperion title :D)
Chime by Franny Billingsley (won from Ticket to Anywhere)
Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini (won from Book Passion for Life)
The Name of the Star (Shades of London #1) by Maureen Johnson (won from Book Passion for Life)
Stealing Phoenix (Benedict #2) by Joss Stirling (won from Book Passion for Life)

I got lots of amazing books that arrived over the last two weeks that I've won! I already have Witches of East End, but I'm going to give this copy to my mom for Christmas...shhhh, don't tell! I hope she'll like it, she doesn't read very often, but I'm trying to change that. ;) lol Anyway, I'm really excited about these ones! I can't wait for my Christmas break...I have so many amazing books to read, and hopefully I'll be able to read tonnes! :D
---------------

Library and Review:


Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey (Library)
Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano (Simon and Schuster Canada)
Sisters of Isis: Volume 1 (Sisters of Isis #1-2) by (Hachete Book Group Canada)
His Eyes by Reneè Carter (from the author)

I ordered Cold Kiss through the Interlibrary loan system and it finally came, so I'm going to have to read it in between finals, hopefully I can squeeze it in before I have to return it, they don't let your renew Interlibrary loans. I'm excited for Fever...but first I have to read Wither, I've had it sitting on my shelf unread for far too long already. :P I'm so excited for Sisters of Isis, it sounds like an awesome series, and His Eyes also sounds great. It's definitely a unique premise. :D
---------------

As you might have noticed, I didn't post an IMM last week...or a Monday post. I wasn't really feeling like posting, and school's owning me with essays right now, but I made time this week. :) I'd like to thank Candace and Anne for Loving Emily, Hyperion, Gail at Ticket to Anywhere, Donna and Jess from Book Passion for Life, Simon and Schuster Canada, Hachete Book Group Canada, and Reneè Carter. Thanks! :D I hope that your mailboxes were nice and full this week...and hopefully you all managed to show more constraint when it came to Kindle deals...I did not. :P

So, what's in your mailbox?
Feel free to leave a link in the comment and I'll try to stop by and visit...unfortunately because of school I might not have time, but if I spare a moment to procrastinate I just might stop by. ;)

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

10 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of good ones! Let us know how The Name of the Star is!
    -Heather@BookStacksOnDeck
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of books this week:D all of those look awesome!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. new follower :)

    I LOVED Starcrossed! It is probably one of the best books I have read this year :)

    Happy reading and check out my in my mailbox!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love winning books! :D I also have to get Cold Kiss soon I've heard it was fantastic!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Mailbox this week!

    New Follower on Networked Blog :)

    If you have a moment, please come and vote on your favorite YA Novel's Character:
    Here
    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for deals and sales! You came across some good ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books! Glad you could find some good bargains. I got The Name of the Star last week but I haven't read it yet. I hope you enjoy your books!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Mailbox! I hope you enjoy Fever, I was lucky enough to read it, and it was excellent! Hope you like it too!

    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read Starcrossed!

    Check out my IMM! I just started my blog so it is my very first one!
    http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2011/11/weekly-meme-hosted-by-story-siren-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great books this week! Happy reading.

    A new follower! :D

    Please check out my IMM too!
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D