Friday 17 June 2011

Spring Into Summer Read-a-thon Updates and Mini-Challenges - Day 1

I'm going to just make this into one big post now.
I'll separate each update and mini-Challenge with a line. :) 

#1

Mini-Challenge: Tell about your favorite and least favorite movie adaptation of a book.
  • Favorite book-movie adaptation: Hmmmm, that's a tough one. I really enjoyed The Notebook and A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks, the movie versions were amazingly well done. :D I also just recently watched Flipped based off of the book by Wendelen Van Draaen adn I thought it was so well done. :)

  • Least favorite book-movie adaptation: I've had a fair few book to movies that I haven't really liked, or that I was 'meh' about, but I'm not sure about which one I liked the least. I absolutely hated the movie version of Inkheart though, that one was just nothing like I pictured the book at all, and they changed so many little details that I remember just being annoyed pretty much during the whole movie. 
Update:
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 188
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 1
  • Pages Read since last update: 188
  • Total time read: about 3 hours
  • How I'm currently feeling: A little morose after the last book I read, but this one's not as dark so it's looking up. :P



#2

Mini-Challenge: Create a wordle for your blog. 

My Wordle:



Update:
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 261
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 63
  • Total time read: 4.5 hrs in total, 1.5 hrs since last update
  • How I'm currently feeling: So-so, I'm hoping to kick it into high gear with my book, Sweetly, soon, and make some real progress with it.


#3 - 6:44 PM

Update: 
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 461
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read Since Last Update: 147
  • Total Time Read: 7 hrs total, 2.5 hrs since last update
  • How I'm Currently Feeling: I'm getting very absorbed into my book right now,  I'm loving how Sweetly ties in with Sisters Red, I didn't expect the little connections. :) 
*I've been skipping the last few Mini-Challenges, I had a job thingy I had to do and I kind of want to get bag into my book. :P 




Books Completed:
1. The Long Weekend by Savita Kalhan (180 pages)
2. Sweetly by Jackson Pearce (320 pages)


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D