Monday 18 October 2010

Halloween Read-A-Thon Results!!!!

Ok, so I started strong with the Read-a-thon, finishing The Body Finder before I started my new picks for the weekend, then I had class so that put a damper on my reading.

Even with class, I managed to start and finish I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore on Friday.


I LOVED this book. I'm not sure yet, but I'll probably end up writing a review for it. I'll still tell you a little bit about it. This book was full of action, suspense, some mystery, and even some love, which to be honest, I definitely was not expecting. I've been wanting to read this book for a while now, and I'm so glad that I did, especially since I want to see the movie when it goes into theatres in February. :)

Just for fun, here's the official trailer for I Am Number Four:






Late Friday night, or should I say very early Saturday morning I started Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce. I finished it later in the day.


I came across this story over the summer when I was in BC. I was chatting books with the one girl that worked at Chapters because Linger had just come out, and she recommended this book to me. I thought why not, let's give it a try. I'm not sure what I was expecting. I knew it was a twist on the story of Little Red Riding Hood, and that they hunted wolves, but that was about all I knew. So I decided the Read-a-thon would be a perfect time to read it. I liked this book, it was unique and definitely an interesting read. It's told in the alternating perspectives of two sisters, and personally, I wasn't as interested during Scarlett's chapters, but I still really liked it. Overall it was an awesome book. :)




After finishing Sisters Red on Saturday, I quickly started Paranormalcy. I only took one break, and that was to finish watching My Fair Lady with my mom. :) I finished it late late Saturday night or very early Sunday morning...as you can see, sleep was very slim this weekend. :P


I LOVED Paranormalcy! This is probably one of the most unique paranormal stories I've ever read. It was fresh, while still having familiar races of paranormals within the story, and because Evie didn't know her own origin, we the readers, got to go with her on the ride of self discovery. I totally loved Lend too! :) Amazing story, this one is definitely a must read!




I didn't finish this one, but I did start it, and I'm about halfway through it right now. I started it on Sunday, and I should be finished pretty soon. I had a quiz this morning, and a family dinner last night at my Aunt and Uncle's house, so there wasn't too much spare time for reading unfortunately. I'm loving this book so far though, it's definitely one that you don't want to put down unless forced.





And finally, The Iron Daughter. Well, since I didn't finish  The Iron King, I haven't started this one yet, but boy am I excited to! I just wanted to share this cover and goodreads link in case anyone was curious. :)





Well that wraps up my Post-Halloween Read-a-thon Blog post!!! I had an amazing time participating, and am definitely looking forward to participating in more Read-a-thons in the future!

I'd like to thank Leslie at Young Adult Books Reviewed for hosting the Halloween Read-a-thon! It was a fantastic idea, and I had a wonderful weekend, thanks to you.

Happy Reading and Do Svidaniya!!!

♪♫ Ambur


2 comments:

  1. Ambur, are you my postcard swap buddy? The names I found do not match up, but found you in goodreads.
    Johanna (Ronkonkoma, NY) : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been so many good reviews on paranormalcy. Do you recoommend it to a 15 year old who love paranormal books?

    I LOVEEEE the iron fey series, they are probably my most favourite ( along with hush hush)

    ~T

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D