Saturday 9 October 2010

First Review!!! Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Okay, I've been toying with the idea of starting reviews on my blog, and I figure I might as well go for it. :D
I was originially going to do City of Bones by Cassandra Clare first, but I just finished an awesome book, and I thought it deserved some props!

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

(Click This Link to Go to Amy&Roger's Epic Detour's Goodreads Page!)


I can't even quite remember where I heard of this story, but boy am I glad I did. I put it on hold at the library, and it came in within the week. I started it yesterday, and finished it today.

It was such an amazing story. It had adorable and 'awe' kind of moments, but it was deeper than that. You got to know Amy and Roger. You felt like you were on the road trip with them. These characters were relateable and they were real. I absolutely LOVED this story.

It was also told in a very interesting way. You had moments where you were taken back into the past, and you got to see what happened back then. You also got to see Amy's travel scrapbook, which I totally loved! The playlists were awesome too! I just loved the unique way that this story was told. You stuck with Amy's POV throughout the entire story, but we got to know Roger just as well as she did. :)

I totally recommend this story. Amy and Roger, or should I call them Hillary and Edmund, had quite the 'epic detour' and it was well worth going along for the ride.


Happy Reading and Do Svidanya!!!

Ambur ♫♪

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm a new follower. Hmm, never really gave this book much thought until now. Great review! I think I will add it to my to-read list.
    I hope you'll come visit my blog back(:
    Angela Z
    http://thebookbuzzer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, made me want to read this book even more :)Cannot wait to get a copy of my own, definitely on my TBR pile =D

    Jess :)
    http://sheknownasjess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D